Product detail pages (PDP) are a critical part of any e-commerce store. With the increasing number of product options, businesses need to create dynamic PDP that can easily adjust the content for the customers.
2. Click on New Tolstoy in the Onsite section.
3. Click on Stories.
4. Choose Product pages.
5. Click on Tag more videos.
6. Click on Products for single tagging or you may choose several Tolstoys to tag products to by putting checkmarks on the upper left corner of the Tolstoys and clicking the Tag icon.
7. Search and select the product/(s) you want to tag. Once done, click Save.
8. Once products are tagged successfully, click on the 'Back to Tolstoy editor' button.
9. Video conditions will be automatically set to 'Tagged Product'.
10. Click on Design.
Under the Feed section, you will see the following:
Make videos shoppable - adding products within the video, allowing viewers to directly purchase or explore the featured items while watching the video.
View feed in fullscreen - allows you to view the feed in fullscreen mode, providing a better viewing experience.
Auto scroll to next video - once the first video is finished playing, it will automatically scroll to the next video, and so on. If it's toggled off, you will have to scroll the videos up and down manually.
Play unviewed videos first - play unviewed videos first in your feed, ensuring that you never miss a new post from your favorite accounts.
Under Product details, you will see the following:
Product Price - Hides product price from collapsed and expanded products tagged on videos
Subscriptions - Allow customers to sign up for regular deliveries of products or services, often at a discounted rate on a recurring basis
Product buttons - Include primary and secondary buttons with action and text
Add to cart - View product -> Add to cart
Product page - Learn more
Buy now - View product -> Buy now
Custom link - Link URL
Close player - Exits the story
Checkout & shopping bag - Show your shopping bag and allow users to proceed to checkout directly from Tolstoy
Sales badge - Display a badge on products that are on sale, catching the attention of potential buyers.
Shipping - Displays shipping information for products, making it easier for buyers to make purchasing decisions.
Show in-stock / out of stock - Displays whether a product is in stock or out of stock, providing transparency to potential buyers.
Recommended products - Display recommended products on your page, potentially increasing sales and customer engagement.
The design, feed behavior, product details, and action will change across all live dynamic Tolstoys. Click Save once done.
11. Click on Install.
12. Go to your Shopify Themes -> Customize -> App embeds. Make sure that Tolstoy is toggled ON.
13. Follow these steps to set your automated stories live. Copy the Publish ID -> click Complete -> Set live.
14. Go to your Shopify theme editor and click on Customize.
15. Click on the drop-down.
16. Choose Products.
17. Click on Default product.
18. Click on Add section.
19. Type "Tolstoy stories".
20. Choose Tolstoy stories.
21. Click on Tolstoy stories.
22. Paste the publish ID.
23. Click on Save.
24. Go to one product page that's tagged on a video and see your Stories in action.
Here's a guided walkthrough
Walkthrough on how to tag a product on multiple videos
If you have any questions or feedback, please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org.